Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mind Blogged!! Let's get started...




Ha, ok.....so, i have had this blog created for quite some time now; however, maybe it's the blonde or the brain cells i fried in college, but i just now figured out how to actually blog. And it's so simple, it's mind blogging....get it??


Well, seeing this is my first post, I need to fill everyone in on The Marsalis Family.

The Marsalis Family consists of Russell (29), my very humorous and handsome hubby; Jackson (9mo), our very hyper and happy son; And myself, Dana (27)...self-described as a half-glass full kinda girl.

Russell is an amazing head boy's basketball coach for a madison county high school. After 5 years of assisting with a team who made it to the state championships back to back, this is what he dreamed of...a head job. Although, it's a small country school where there had been lack of coaching in the past. So, his work is cut out for him, but i have faith. He loves the school, team and most importantly the sport. And not being biassed, but he's great at what he does! Got get em' baby!!

I work for a small private christian university, Belhaven University in Jackson, Ms. I am working on my 4th year with the Blazers and owe much gratitude to this school for such an amazing first-job opportunity, right out of college!! My job titles have shifted and that's to say the least for my job descriptions. Currently my roll is Head Cheerleading Coach and Director of Game Day Operations. It's a perfect job for me and like my husband I also love the school, our teams and athletics. Check out our athletics website at blazers.belhaven.edu

Our son is a little gift from God and our lucky charm who was born 3 weeks early, on St. Patrick's Day (3/17) of 2009, Jackson Logan Marsalis, baby Jack as I like to say. He currently is teething, pulling up (which means falling down), wanting to be held, wanting to be put down and in to everything. He takes a lot of energy out of us, but with every bit of energy he takes, he gives back love x's two!! He is beautiful, coming from a beautiful family of course and he brings out a love in Russell and me that could only come from being a parent.

Russell and I met when I saw a picture of him and decided I needed to get to know this man. The picture did not do him justice. Not only did his looks in person outdo the pictures, but he was kind, had manners, a deep manly voice that still wows me, a family man, a sports guy, a music lover, a good friend...wait, a best friend, and most importantly a man of God, a good genuine Christian.

We dated for 9 months and Christmas Night of 2007 he asked me to check my stocking, where he had placed a beautiful round antique platinum diamond ring. It was perfect!

We married on a Friday night of 6-27-2008. Followed by the best honeymoon ever in Disney World, we resided in our first home in Brandon, Ms. One month later we found out we were pregnant, and here we are...

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of Blogging! Its so fun and easy! We have one and have been blogging for over a year. Come check it out!
    www.hutthutt-hutchinson@blogspot.com

    Tell Russ I said hello!!! and Happy New Year!!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pefect first post as a blogger!! Welcome. Just one thing, sweet baby Jack is far from hyper. LoL. The most calmest, angelic and laid back boy I've ever met. I'm following you now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you started a blog. I have had mine for about 4 years now. www.stephaniesteed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!! It's about darn time nutters!!

    ReplyDelete